home / news / news / Instructions to clean our interior design objects with powder coating finishing
Here below simple instructions to clean our interior design objects made of metal with powder coating finishing.
- As the case may be, only clean water, with slight additives of neutral washing agents (pH 7), is to be used with the aid of soft, non-abrasive cloths, rags or industrial cotton. Strong rubbing is not to be undertaken.
- The removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can take place with the use of white spirit free of aromatic compounds or isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Residues of adhesive, silicone cartouche or adhesive tapes, etc, can also removed in this way.
- Use no solvents or similar, containing ester, ketones, polyhydric alcohol, aromatics, ethylene glycol or halogenated hydrocarbon.
- Due to the danger of changes in a colour tone or effect, a test for suitability is to be undertaken for metallic coatings.
- Use no scratching, abrasive agents.
- Use no strong acids or alkaline detergents and introfiers.
- Use no detergents of unknown compositions.
- Detergents must not be used at temperatures higher than a maximum of 25 °C.
- The surface temperature must not exceed 25 °C during cleaning.
- The maximum exposure period of these detergents must not exceed one hour: when necessary, the entire cleaning process can be repeated after at least 24 hours.
- Rinsing with clean cold water is to take place immediately after ever cleaning process.
- Fine-textured effects: use fibre-free cloths. Moderate mechanical support may be given to the cleaning operation using a soft, non-surface-damaging brush.